Join Jim LaPier for an in-depth discussion in this video XREF ByLayer override, part of AutoCAD for Mac 2016 New Features.
- Previously, if I loaded an xref that contained objects…that had, let's say, color overrides,…meaning the color was not set to by layer,…I was stuck with the objects displaying incorrectly…or I would have to open the external reference…and change the settings of the object manually.…Aside from a waste of time, the object properties…may have been overwritten for legitimate purpose…in the original drawing.…In the drawing I'm referencing that file into, however,…I want all the objects to be displayed properly…based on their layer.…The new system variable, XREFOVERRIDE, seen here,…allows me to set all of the objects properties to by layer…while displaying in my drawing.…
Here we can see the value right now is set at zero.…This means that the override is off and all the objects…in the reference will display as they are…in the original file, alter colors and linetypes included.…If I change the value to one and press return,…we can see now all the objects properties are set…to by layer while displayed in this drawing.…
- XREF server path mapping and ByLayer display
- Converting text to mtext
- Moving geometry from model space to paper space with Change Space
- Dimensioning with the DIM tool
- Pasting geometry with Paste As Block
- Working with section plane tools
- Creating smaller PDF files with AutoCAD for Mac 2016
- Rendering online
Skill Level Appropriate for all
2. Express Tools
3. Dimension Improvements
4. Useful Tools
5. Application Improvements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.