- [Instructor] When you're working through your Using Dynamic Blocks in AutoCAD for Mac course as I mentioned in the previous video about what you should know there are exercise files available to you. Now, what should you do when you're working with these exercise files? Well, you'll notice that we've got an exercise file open on the screen at the moment in our AutoCAD for Mac 2018. You can see at the top of the screen there it's called Introduction.dwg. Now, AutoCAD for Mac uses the standard, native AutoCAD file format which is the DWG file.
Now, the exercise files for this particular course have been saved back to the 2013 DWG file format, so that means that any version of AutoCAD for Mac above and beyond 2013 can read those files. So, basically you can be using a slightly older version of AutoCAD for Mac if you wish. Now, those exercise files as I said in the previous video about what you should know are available in the library on the website. So, my suggestion is is before you start the course, download the exercise files to a known location on your MacBook or on your Mac and make sure that they are available and are in a known folder so that you know where they are.
Then you can follow along and obviously work through the exercise files as you're following the videos in the course. So, just to quickly recap, make sure that you download the files from the library on the website and use them to follow along with the videos on this particular course.
- Creating standard blocks
- Using DWG files to store blocks
- Using dynamic blocks
- Using the Block Editor
- Adding parameters and actions to dynamic blocks
- Using visibility states
- Using rotation and flip parameters
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Block Basics
2. Using Standard Blocks
3. Using Dynamic Blocks
4. Dynamic Blocks: Parameters
5. Dynamic Blocks: Actions
6. Dynamic Blocks: Visibility States
7. Dynamic Blocks: Rotation and Flip Parameters
8. Dynamic Blocks: Roundup
Using a dynamic door block1m 58s
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.