Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Wblock, part of Using Dynamic Blocks in AutoCAD for Mac.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- The Wblock command…or Write Block command can be extremely useful…if you've got a lot of different blocks to edit.…So what you can do,…you can write your block to a separate DWG file,…and then you an insert that block,…the DWG file,…with some changes made to it.…Let me show you what I mean.…It's much, much easier to do this…than it is to actually talk about it.…There's a block there all set up ready to go.…So you see the name of that block…in the Properties Inspector…is Door_36in_STD.…
So it's a standard three foot door.…Now what I'm going to do is I'm going to Wblock it.…So I just type Wblock like so,…which stands for Write Block.…Press Enter.…Now I want to change the location…where I'm going to save it.…I'm going to put that in my Pictures folder there like so.…So we're going to the right folder.…I'm just going to select a Block…that is actually in this DWG file.…So nice and easy, there's my Door_36in_STD like so.…Don't need to worry about selecting the objects…or the base point.…It's picked all of that up…from the block reference in the drawing.…
- Creating standard blocks
- Storing blocks
- Using Wblock
- Working with the Block Editor
- Adding and adjusting parameters
- Using visibility states
- Working with rotation and flip parameters
- Combining parameters and actions
Skill Level Advanced
Working with Dimensions in AutoCADwith Scott Onstott1h 4m Intermediate
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Trainingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD: Tips, Tricks, and Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
3D Architectural Modeling with AutoCADwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
2. Using Standard Blocks
3. Using Dynamic Blocks
4. Dynamic Blocks: Parameters
Adding parameters3m 38s
5. Dynamic Blocks: Actions
6. Dynamic Blocks: Visibility States
7. Dynamic Blocks: Rotation and Flip Parameters
8. Dynamic Blocks: Roundup
Next steps1m 59s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.