Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the F2 key, part of AutoCAD: Using the Command Line.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- We're now in another section of our…Using the Command Line in AutoCAD course.…What we're going to look at now is…how we can utilize the function keys…on our keyboard to work in conjunction…with the command line in AutoCAD.…And we're also going to look at…how the options settings in AutoCAD can…actually change the settings and overrides…in the command line, as well.…Now to do this, we've set up another new drawing for you,…which is 08_Function Keys.dwg.…
And it's a 2013 .dwg file,…so the same restrictions about…which particular versions you use still apply.…And you'll find that in your lynda.com…exercise files.…Now it is the same drawing.…The only reason that we have a drawing available…is primarily so that we've got a live AutoCAD drawing…to work with when we're utilizing the command line.…So let's have a look now at how we can use the F2 key…on the keyboard to expand the command line,…to utilize it and take information from the command line…to perhaps transfer into a different application.…
So we're working in our AutoCAD drawing at the moment.…
- Entering input with the keyboard and mouse
- Positioning the command line
- Hiding the command line
- Customizing command-line settings
- Typing commands
- Using dynamic input
- Navigating an AutoCAD drawing with the command line
- Using the function keys
- Entering coordinates
Skill Level Appropriate for all
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Trainingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD: Tips, Tricks, and Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
3D Architectural Modeling with AutoCADwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
Optimizing Your AutoCAD Desktop to Go Mobilewith Shaun Bryant2h 28m Appropriate for all
1. Using the Command Line
2. The Command Line Interface
3. Customizing the Command Line Settings
4. Using the Command Prompt
5. Dynamic Input
6. The Command Process Workflow
Using the keyboard5m 54s
7. Navigating in a Drawing
8. Function Keys and Options
9. Entering Coordinates
Next steps2m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.