Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Using DWGs to store blocks, part of Using Dynamic Blocks in AutoCAD for Mac.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- When you work with your standard blocks…in AutoCAD for Mac, what tends to happen…is you create a default DWG file where all…of the door blocks are stored.…Now, what'll happen is you'll create a family…of blocks of all different sizes, to kind of…cover you for all the different sizes of doors…for example, that you may need in a particular…drawing project.…Now, I'm in the drawing at the moment, and…as you can see there's three doors, all the same size.…What I'm going to to do is scale these blocks down…and then I can actually rename the block…if I want to.…
I don't have to rename it, because I can…easily just copy and paste these blocks…from one drawing to another, and they will…retain their size.…So let's have a look at just scaling these blocks.…If I select the middle block here, it's…still the regular door block like so, I just…right-click, go to Scale, on the shortcut menu there…and it'll ask for a base point.…So I'm going to use that snap there, that end point there.…I click there, scale factor 0.8, let's say.…
- Creating standard blocks
- Storing blocks
- Using Wblock
- Working with the Block Editor
- Adding and adjusting parameters
- Using visibility states
- Working with rotation and flip parameters
- Combining parameters and actions
Skill Level Advanced
Working with Dimensions in AutoCADwith Scott Onstott1h 4m Intermediate
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Trainingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD: Tips, Tricks, and Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
3D Architectural Modeling with AutoCADwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
2. Using Standard Blocks
3. Using Dynamic Blocks
4. Dynamic Blocks: Parameters
Adding parameters3m 38s
5. Dynamic Blocks: Actions
6. Dynamic Blocks: Visibility States
7. Dynamic Blocks: Rotation and Flip Parameters
8. Dynamic Blocks: Roundup
Next steps1m 59s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.