Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Typing commands, part of AutoCAD: Using the Command Line.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- We're staying in the 04_Prompt.dwg file…which you can get from your lynda.com exercise files…as discussed in the previous video.…And what we're going to do now…is we're going to look simply at typing commands…and how you type them.…Now, if you're like me, I tend to have my Dynamic Input…switched on all the time.…Now that's down here on the status bar.…It's right there.…There's Dynamic Input.…If I click on it, it's off.…Click on it again, it's on and it's highlighted in blue…there on the status bar.…
Now what the Dynamic Input allows me to do…is it allows me to start typing immediately…wherever the crosshair is.…So if I move the crosshair to the center of the screen there…and start typing the LINE command,…can you see I get the prompt immediately…next to the crosshair…and I then get the suggestion menu…popping up straight away as well…showing me all the commands with the word LINE in them.…Now that's the Dynamic Input method of typing.…Now if I just hit esc there…and come down to the command line…and click in the command line…
- Entering input with the keyboard and mouse
- Positioning the command line
- Hiding the command line
- Customizing command-line settings
- Typing commands
- Using dynamic input
- Navigating an AutoCAD drawing with the command line
- Using the function keys
- Entering coordinates
Skill Level Appropriate for all
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Trainingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD: Tips, Tricks, and Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
3D Architectural Modeling with AutoCADwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
Optimizing Your AutoCAD Desktop to Go Mobilewith Shaun Bryant2h 28m Appropriate for all
1. Using the Command Line
2. The Command Line Interface
3. Customizing the Command Line Settings
4. Using the Command Prompt
5. Dynamic Input
6. The Command Process Workflow
Using the keyboard5m 54s
7. Navigating in a Drawing
8. Function Keys and Options
9. Entering Coordinates
Next steps2m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.