Getting your files saved in the proper format is a concern for all AutoCAD users. Take a look at the various Save As formats as well ass using Finder modifications.
- [Instructor] Saving files in AutoCAD for Mac…isn't much different than saving files…in AutoCAD for Windows.…I'll go up to File, and we can see we have options…to Save, Save As, Export, and Package Drawing.…This Save is the same as doing a QSAVE.…Save As will allow me to save all the changes…I've made since the last save in a new DWG file.…I'll click Save As, and I'm given…sort of a mini finder window.…I can specify a file name, and here under Where,…I'm given a list of my favorites,…any external devices I'm connected to,…as well as all my recent places.…
For my file format, just like Windows,…I can save my DWG file back to Release 14,…create a Drawing Template File, or DWT file,…or save a DXF all the way back to Release 12.…These files are the same file types and extensions…that the Window's version uses.…There are no filing compatibilities…between AutoCAD for Mac and AutoCAD for Windows.…When you save your DWG file, there are…no special translations needed, and you don't have…to worry about exporting anything…
- Getting comfortable in the AutoCAD for Mac interface
- Managing files in the Finder
- Saving files
- Setting up 2D layers
- Working with 2D layouts and paper space
- Using external references
- Using the Sheet Set Manager (aka the Project Manager)
- Printing in AutoCAD for Mac
- 3D modeling
- Customizing AutoCAD for Mac
- Understanding renamed and missing features
Skill Level Beginner
1. New Environment
2. Managing Files
3. 2D Workflow
4. Working with Projects
3D modeling1m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.