Getting black lines on white paper is what all of this is really about, and AutoCAD for Mac does this a little differently than Windows, but nothing that isn’t easy enough to work with.
- [Narrator] Plotting in AutoCAD has always been…a bit of a chore.…And I must unfortunately tell you that AutoCAD…for Mac has not been able to improve…on this necessary function.…Like Windows, we find the Plot here under the file menu.…This brings up the standard Mac Plot dialogue box,…with a handful of standard tools…like what do I want to plot and changing the scale.…All of the real tools that we want to get to…are here under Edit Page Setup.…From here I can choose an existing Page Setup to use,…or work my way around the interface and set…all my values manually.…
Again, I can choose Paper Size, change my Scale,…Center on the page, choose a Plot Style Table…like Monochrome, change the Quality…and adjust the transparency.…One of the options you may see missing…is an Apply to Page Setup button down here.…This means that while I can use an existing…Page Setup we've previously created,…I can't make changes to the Page Setup and save them back.…Another big difference between AutoCAD for Mac…and AutoCAD for Windows is there are no default…
- Getting comfortable in the AutoCAD for Mac interface
- Managing files in the Finder
- Saving files
- Setting up 2D layers
- Working with 2D layouts and paper space
- Using external references
- Using the Sheet Set Manager (aka the Project Manager)
- Printing in AutoCAD for Mac
- 3D modeling
- Customizing AutoCAD for Mac
- Understanding renamed and missing features
Skill Level Beginner
1. New Environment
2. Managing Files
3. 2D Workflow
4. Working with Projects
3D modeling1m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.