Join Jim LaPier for an in-depth discussion in this video PDF enhancements, part of AutoCAD for Mac 2016 New Features.
- In today's engineering offices,…most people work with PDFs almost…as much as they work with DWG files.…AutoCAD for Mac has had a few issues…with its creation of PDFs since its inception six years ago,…Mostly involving file size of the PDFs it generates…and the selectability of the text and symbols in those PDFs.…One of the improvements of AutoCAD for Mac 2016…is addressing these PDF issues.…Here is a PDF that I created in AutoCAD for Mac 2015.…It's 7.6 megabytes in size,…and it only consists of a few sheets.…
This is a PDF created from the same DWG file,…using all the same settings,…but created in AutoCAD for Mac 2016.…It's a fraction of the size, at 1.9 megabytes.…That's about a quarter of the size.…Now the difference is the result…of a few factors in the DWG file.…So each drawing isn't going to see…the same percentage of size reduction, per se.…Some might be a little less, some a little more.…It's completely dependent on the object types…and the settings of the PDFs when they're created.…
Another factor that's been improved…
- XREF server path mapping and ByLayer display
- Converting text to mtext
- Moving geometry from model space to paper space with Change Space
- Dimensioning with the DIM tool
- Pasting geometry with Paste As Block
- Working with section plane tools
- Creating smaller PDF files with AutoCAD for Mac 2016
- Rendering online
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Up and Running with AutoCAD for Macwith Jim LaPier1h 45m Beginner
2. Express Tools
3. Dimension Improvements
4. Useful Tools
5. Application Improvements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.