Join Jim LaPier for an in-depth discussion in this video Other mtext enhancements, part of AutoCAD for Mac 2016 New Features.
- There are two other additions to MText…aside from text frame…that are available in the MText editor.…The first, is the ability to turn the ruler on or off.…Some users find the ruler a simple distraction…but I've also run into times when the ruler…might actually cover up a piece of text I'm trying to copy…or a dimension I'm trying to reference.…The other addition,…is the Match Formatting button found here.…Here, I have a piece of text with multiple fonts…and multiple formats.…
After creating all this, I've decided that this top section…should really match the very bottom section…that we have down here, both in font and the format.…I'll select the text that I'm looking to match,…click the button…and then choose the text that I want to change.…Previously, I would have had to start my new text…inside the text I wanted to match,…and then carve it out…and place it somewhere else in the MText.…And if I already created the text,…I was kind of stuck going back and forth…changing different fonts and sizes.…
This workflow is much more streamlined and less fragmented.…
- XREF server path mapping and ByLayer display
- Converting text to mtext
- Moving geometry from model space to paper space with Change Space
- Dimensioning with the DIM tool
- Pasting geometry with Paste As Block
- Working with section plane tools
- Creating smaller PDF files with AutoCAD for Mac 2016
- Rendering online
Skill Level Appropriate for all
2. Express Tools
3. Dimension Improvements
4. Useful Tools
5. Application Improvements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.