Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Keyboard shortcuts for coordinate entry, part of AutoCAD: Using the Command Line.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- We're now in the last video of the entering…coordinates section of our Using…the Command Line in AutoCAD course.…We're staying in the 09_Coordinates.dwg file,…and that's in your lynda.com exercise files as usual.…Now what we're going to look at now are…keyboard shortcuts that allow us to enter…our coordinates using the Command Line only.…So I'm going to come down to the status bar,…make sure that Dynamic Input is off, like so.…Now, if I want to draw a line, from that bottom-left…corner of the building, the coordinates now will be…3000,3000 in the X and the Y direction…because we've done those previous two move commands…where we used the command line…followed by the dynamic input.…
So these keyboard shortcuts, now, for commands…become very, very important when I'm working…in the Command Line only.…Dynamic Input is off, so if I type in LINE like so,…it obviously gives me the suggestion menu…for the LINE command.…So I'm going to press enter for the LINE command.…Now the lovely thing is, it prompts me…to specify the first point.…
- Entering input with the keyboard and mouse
- Positioning the command line
- Hiding the command line
- Customizing command-line settings
- Typing commands
- Using dynamic input
- Navigating an AutoCAD drawing with the command line
- Using the function keys
- Entering coordinates
Skill Level Appropriate for all
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Trainingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD: Tips, Tricks, and Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
3D Architectural Modeling with AutoCADwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
Optimizing Your AutoCAD Desktop to Go Mobilewith Shaun Bryant2h 28m Appropriate for all
1. Using the Command Line
2. The Command Line Interface
3. Customizing the Command Line Settings
4. Using the Command Prompt
5. Dynamic Input
6. The Command Process Workflow
Using the keyboard5m 54s
7. Navigating in a Drawing
8. Function Keys and Options
9. Entering Coordinates
Next steps2m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.