Join Jim LaPier for an in-depth discussion in this video Font improvements, part of AutoCAD for Mac 2016 New Features.
- Fonts are always a bit of an annoyance…when it comes to CAD files in my opinion.…Either someone uses a font…that you don't have or don't like,…it's too wide or it's a TrueType font,…or an SHX font,…or some other extension that I don't understand.…In the past, AutoCAD for Mac did not do a great job…handling TrueType fonts.…Especially if there were a lot of them in your drawing.…Now, 2016, there's a new system variable…called DTTEXT.…
I'm going to set this to one,…which means it's active.…This allows AutoCAD to handle TrueType fonts…in a different way that is more efficient.…The end result, is the drawing should react…much more smoothly when panning and zooming around.…However, if you find this is…changing the way that fonts display or act,…you can always disable this…by going back into DTTEXT…and setting it back to zero.…
- XREF server path mapping and ByLayer display
- Converting text to mtext
- Moving geometry from model space to paper space with Change Space
- Dimensioning with the DIM tool
- Pasting geometry with Paste As Block
- Working with section plane tools
- Creating smaller PDF files with AutoCAD for Mac 2016
- Rendering online
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Up and Running with AutoCAD for Macwith Jim LaPier1h 45m Beginner
2. Express Tools
3. Dimension Improvements
4. Useful Tools
5. Application Improvements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.