AutoCAD for Mac supports all of the same f=drawing types as its Windows brother. Walk through all the support files and differences like PDFs and DWF’s in this quick rundown.
- [Instructor] One of the first questions I'm usually asked…when talking about AutoCAD for Mac…refers to file compatibility.…Can I open my Windows AutoCAD DWG file on the Mac version?…And the answer is a resounding yes.…Actually, it's a bit of a non-issue.…AutoCAD for Mac and AutoCAD for Windows…use the same file types for DWGs, DXFs, and so forth.…There are no file incompatibilities caused…by the different operating systems.…AutoCAD for Mac works the same with files…like images and PDFs for underlays.…
One file type AutoCAD for Mac cannot work with…is a DWF file.…AutoCAD for Mac cannot create DWF files,…nor is there currently a DWF viewing application for Mac.…If you need to view DWFs,…I'd suggest looking at A360, which is Autodesk's web viewer…for storing and viewing files.…Otherwise, you should have no issues working…with your normal AutoCAD files.…
- Getting comfortable in the AutoCAD for Mac interface
- Managing files in the Finder
- Saving files
- Setting up 2D layers
- Working with 2D layouts and paper space
- Using external references
- Using the Sheet Set Manager (aka the Project Manager)
- Printing in AutoCAD for Mac
- 3D modeling
- Customizing AutoCAD for Mac
- Understanding renamed and missing features
Skill Level Beginner
1. New Environment
2. Managing Files
3. 2D Workflow
4. Working with Projects
3D modeling1m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.