Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Explaining parameters, part of Using Dynamic Blocks in AutoCAD for Mac.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- We're now in the next section…of this Dynamic Blocks for AutoCAD for Mac course.…What we're going to look at now in this particular section…is working with the parameters that you add…to a dynamic block.…You can see the drawing at the top of the screen there.…Now what we've got here is a very simple window block.…It's a square window with a circular opening.…And if I just click in the drawing area…to get the crosshair there,…you will find that sometimes you get this little window…selection thing come up when you click on the screen.…
Just hit escape a couple times.…It's the crossing and window selections…and it's very sensitive in the later versions of AutoCAD.…Now I'm just going to click on this block here.…And you can see it's a basic block.…If you look over here you can see…the name of it is MyBlock - Dynamic.…That's the original block name.…And it's just showing as a block reference…in the properties palette.…And we haven't actually got any parameters…or anything set up for this particular block yet.…What I'm going to show you is a basic flip parameter.…
- Creating standard blocks
- Storing blocks
- Using Wblock
- Working with the Block Editor
- Adding and adjusting parameters
- Using visibility states
- Working with rotation and flip parameters
- Combining parameters and actions
Skill Level Advanced
Working with Dimensions in AutoCADwith Scott Onstott1h 4m Intermediate
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Trainingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD: Tips, Tricks, and Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
3D Architectural Modeling with AutoCADwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
2. Using Standard Blocks
3. Using Dynamic Blocks
4. Dynamic Blocks: Parameters
Adding parameters3m 38s
5. Dynamic Blocks: Actions
6. Dynamic Blocks: Visibility States
7. Dynamic Blocks: Rotation and Flip Parameters
8. Dynamic Blocks: Roundup
Next steps1m 59s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.