Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Drafting settings, part of AutoCAD: Using the Command Line.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- In the previous video, we looked at the status bar…and how the status bar can help you…by working in conjunction with dynamic input…and the AutoCAD command line.…Now we're staying in the 05_dynamic.dwg file,…which I'm sure you know where to find by now,…it will be in your Lynda.com exercise files,…and you can use that to follow along…with the video if you wish.…Now what we're going to look at in this video…is the status bar, but we're actually going to look…at some of the physical settings on the status bar…and how they tie in with the command line itself.…
Now what I'm going to do is, I'm going to draw a line,…and the way that I'm going to do this…is purely using the command line…and the drafting settings on the status bar.…So let's check that our drafting settings…are all set the way we want them…on the status bar, first of all.…I want to make sure that Dynamic Input here is off.…So if it's showing as blue like that,…just pop down there, click on it, and switch it off.…And then we're going to come a little bit further across,…
- Entering input with the keyboard and mouse
- Positioning the command line
- Hiding the command line
- Customizing command-line settings
- Typing commands
- Using dynamic input
- Navigating an AutoCAD drawing with the command line
- Using the function keys
- Entering coordinates
Skill Level Appropriate for all
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Trainingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD: Tips, Tricks, and Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
3D Architectural Modeling with AutoCADwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
Optimizing Your AutoCAD Desktop to Go Mobilewith Shaun Bryant2h 28m Appropriate for all
1. Using the Command Line
2. The Command Line Interface
3. Customizing the Command Line Settings
4. Using the Command Prompt
5. Dynamic Input
6. The Command Process Workflow
Using the keyboard5m 54s
7. Navigating in a Drawing
8. Function Keys and Options
9. Entering Coordinates
Next steps2m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.