Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Coordinate data entry, part of AutoCAD: Using the Command Line.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] We're now entering the last, working section…of our Using the Command Line in AutoCad course.…And what we're going to look at now is the…ability to enter coordinates quickly and easily,…using two different entry methods.…First we're going to look at the command line,…then we're going to look at the dynamic input as well.…And then also, we'll look at a way of combining…keyboard shortcuts and coordinate entry as well.…So let's have a look at how that works…and how we're going to work with our drawing.…So we've got a new drawing, 09_Coordinates.dwg,…you see that on the top of the screen there.…
And that's in your Lynda.com, exercise files…and the usual dwg, file-version restrictions apply.…So there's our drawing ready to go…and what I'm going to do now is just show you…a few coordinate settings that you can use.…Now for example, I might want to just measure…a coordinate or find out what a coordinate is.…I can do that typing ID, like so.…Now when I type ID, you'll notice that appears…automatically on the command line…
- Entering input with the keyboard and mouse
- Positioning the command line
- Hiding the command line
- Customizing command-line settings
- Typing commands
- Using dynamic input
- Navigating an AutoCAD drawing with the command line
- Using the function keys
- Entering coordinates
Skill Level Appropriate for all
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Trainingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD: Tips, Tricks, and Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
3D Architectural Modeling with AutoCADwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
Optimizing Your AutoCAD Desktop to Go Mobilewith Shaun Bryant2h 28m Appropriate for all
1. Using the Command Line
2. The Command Line Interface
3. Customizing the Command Line Settings
4. Using the Command Prompt
5. Dynamic Input
6. The Command Process Workflow
Using the keyboard5m 54s
7. Navigating in a Drawing
8. Function Keys and Options
9. Entering Coordinates
Next steps2m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.