Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Controlling navigation bar visibility, part of AutoCAD: Using the Command Line.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- In the previous video…we looked at utilizing the navigation bar…to zoom and work with the command line…in an AutoCAD drawing.…So we were navigating the drawing…using the navigation bar,…but then also utilizing the command line…to repeat some of the zoom commands…we created using the navigation bar.…Now as I mentioned in that previous video,…your navigation bar might not be displaying…in your AutoCAD window, your drawing window.…It should be over here on the right hand side.…
There's the nav bar there with all the different…commands on it.…Now you'll notice I've deliberately left…the dynamic input off again.…So that I have to use the command line…to switch on the navigation bar visibility.…Now we're staying in the 07_Navigating.dwg file.…As usual, you can find that in your lynda.com…exercise files.…So what I'm going to do now is type…a variable that is available to you in AutoCAD.…And that variable is NAVBAR,…which is sort for navigation bar.…
So as I type N A V B A R.…Like that.…You'll see that NAVBAR is the only command…
- Entering input with the keyboard and mouse
- Positioning the command line
- Hiding the command line
- Customizing command-line settings
- Typing commands
- Using dynamic input
- Navigating an AutoCAD drawing with the command line
- Using the function keys
- Entering coordinates
Skill Level Appropriate for all
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Trainingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD: Tips, Tricks, and Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
3D Architectural Modeling with AutoCADwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
Optimizing Your AutoCAD Desktop to Go Mobilewith Shaun Bryant2h 28m Appropriate for all
1. Using the Command Line
2. The Command Line Interface
3. Customizing the Command Line Settings
4. Using the Command Prompt
5. Dynamic Input
6. The Command Process Workflow
Using the keyboard5m 54s
7. Navigating in a Drawing
8. Function Keys and Options
9. Entering Coordinates
Next steps2m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.