Join Jim LaPier for an in-depth discussion in this video Command line improvements, part of AutoCAD for Mac 2016 New Features.
- The command line is probably my favorite…aspect of AutoCAD.…The way I typically describe it to my students…is that this is the communication center of AutoCAD.…This is how AutoCAD talks to you and tells you…what it's looking for or what it needs.…It's really a conversation between you and the program line.…Okay. Where do you want to start?…Here.…Okay. Where do you want it to end?…Move.…Now I still need a point first to end my line.…Here.…
It's a little corny and cheesy but I find it to be a…very unique interface element in today's…modern applications.…In AutoCAD for Mac 2016, we have a little bit more control…over how smart the command line is.…Right now I can go down, right click on the command line…and I have some new Input Settings options.…Auto complete is a way of AutoCAD predicting the command…you're trying to enter.…It's nothing overly new.…The auto correct feature now tries to figure out the command…you're looking for even if you misspell it.…
If I type in L N I E, AutoCAD still figures out…that I was looking for the Line Command.…
- XREF server path mapping and ByLayer display
- Converting text to mtext
- Moving geometry from model space to paper space with Change Space
- Dimensioning with the DIM tool
- Pasting geometry with Paste As Block
- Working with section plane tools
- Creating smaller PDF files with AutoCAD for Mac 2016
- Rendering online
Skill Level Appropriate for all
2. Express Tools
3. Dimension Improvements
4. Useful Tools
5. Application Improvements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.