In this video, author Shaun Bryant shows you how to check the text styles available in the exported CAD drawing.
- [Narrator] We're in a new chapter now and we're going to be looking at working with the text styles in the exported CAD drawing. Now I've said that really slowly because I wanted to make sure that I worded that exactly the way that you needed to hear it because what we've got is a drawing in AutoCAD in front of us that has been exported out from the Revit model. What it's done is it's given us the text styles that came from Revit and brought them into our exported CAD drawing.
So the drawing we've got is A-100_00_GND which stands for ground.dwg. You can download the AutoCAD file from the exercise files for this chapter from the website. Now, we're just going to be working with text styles in AutoCAD in this chapter, no Revit at all, all AutoCAD. And what we're working with is the CAD drawing that has come from the Revit project. Now what we're going to do first is we're going to jump into the home tab on the ribbon, go to the annotation flyout here, like so, and we're going to investigate the text styles that have come in with our AutoCAD drawing from Revit.
So I click on the A with the paintbrush and you can see that we've got the annotative and the standard which are the default AutoCAD text styles, there's our Revit text style there, arial. And that's it, it's just regular arial font, height 450, that's it. That's all that has come through. Now it's not annotative or anything of the sort, it is a pure, basic AutoCAD text style. Now, we can investigate these text styles. We can work with these text styles.
We can add new text styles as well. But right now what I want to do is make arial the current text style, so I'll set current and I'll close the text style dialogue box and that's all we need to do for this video. We've set up our text style to tie in with the exported text style that's come into the drawing from the Revit model.
- Exporting a CAD drawing from Revit
- Working with Revit CAD layers
- Working with exported XREF data
- Using coordinates
- Setting up text styles
- Editing title blocks
- Saving and plotting the final CAD drawing