Join Jim LaPier for an in-depth discussion in this video Break-line Symbol, part of AutoCAD for Mac 2016 New Features.
- I can recall for quite some time,…having to draw break line symbols line by line…and then copy them across my drawing.…Eventually, when we made blocks for the symbol,…we would need to insert the block,…explode it and then stretch the end points as needed.…AutoCad for Mac, 2016, has automated the process for us,…with the new Break-line Symbol command.…I'll find the command here under…the Tools menu, under Express Tools.…Let's draw one first to see how the command functions…and then we can come back and look at…some of the options of the command.…
I'm going to select two points, here and here,…and I'm asked for the location of the break symbol.…I can pick a point along the line, or press Return…to accept the default location of the midpoint.…This one is a little small, so let's erase it and…re-enter the command so we can see some other options.…The first is the block we will…use to create the break symbol.…
Your company may have a standard symbol…that you use for break-lines, and you can create…a block of just that symbol and set it here.…
- XREF server path mapping and ByLayer display
- Converting text to mtext
- Moving geometry from model space to paper space with Change Space
- Dimensioning with the DIM tool
- Pasting geometry with Paste As Block
- Working with section plane tools
- Creating smaller PDF files with AutoCAD for Mac 2016
- Rendering online
Skill Level Intermediate
2. Express Tools
3. Dimension Improvements
4. Useful Tools
5. Application Improvements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.