Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding parameters, part of Using Dynamic Blocks in AutoCAD for Mac.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- In the previous video for this section,…we looked at what parameters are…and how a flip parameter can be added to a regular block…in preparation to make it into a dynamic block.…So we're staying with the same block,…and this time we're in a new drawing.…And we're going to add a couple of linear parameters…as well as that flip parameter that's already been added.…Now if I go and click on this block here…in the drawing area,…you don't see any parameters being highlighted right now.…
That's because they've got no actions…or anything applied to them,…so they're ineffective at the moment.…However, I can just double-click on the block…and I go straight into the Block Editor.…So I don't need to go through the rigmarole…of right-clicking and going to Block Editor and so on.…Now you'll notice there's our block.…There's our Flip state1 and there's our flip grip there.…But there's no action been applied to that yet.…So it won't be able to flip yet until you've applied…an action to that flip parameter.…Now we're going to go back up to the Block Editor ribbon…
- Creating standard blocks
- Storing blocks
- Using Wblock
- Working with the Block Editor
- Adding and adjusting parameters
- Using visibility states
- Working with rotation and flip parameters
- Combining parameters and actions
Skill Level Advanced
Working with Dimensions in AutoCADwith Scott Onstott1h 4m Intermediate
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Trainingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD: Tips, Tricks, and Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
3D Architectural Modeling with AutoCADwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
2. Using Standard Blocks
3. Using Dynamic Blocks
4. Dynamic Blocks: Parameters
Adding parameters3m 38s
5. Dynamic Blocks: Actions
6. Dynamic Blocks: Visibility States
7. Dynamic Blocks: Rotation and Flip Parameters
8. Dynamic Blocks: Roundup
Next steps1m 59s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.