- [Instructor] Here's something cool.…We can actually cut a section, then go to a 3D view…that shows only the contents of that clipped section.…This is really awesome for showing specific congested areas…in 3D on your drawings.…The objective of this rather short video…will be to cut a section…then enable live sectioning on that region.…We'll then go to a 3D view and check out the results.…So to get started, I'm gonna zoom in…to this area right here.…
I'm gonna create another section.…I'm gonna go up to vertical section,…then I'm gonna pick a point up here.…I'm gonna pick a point down here,…and my next point I'm gonna hit enter.…For my length this time, I'm gonna type in 40 feet.…I wanna get more of the building.…I'm gonna hit enter.…Now we have a section all set, I'm gonna do two things;…first, I'm gonna select the section,…then I'm gonna generate a section.…
I'm gonna select all of my objects.…I'm gonna hit enter.…I'm gonna pick a point.…This one I'm gonna put over here.…I'm gonna hit okay.…Now we have a section looking at…
- Externally referencing architecture
- Setting up display configurations
- Adding room tags
- Setting up routing preferences and systems
- Adding piping and connectors
- Adding fire-alarm devices and control panels
- Creating sections
- Merging and refreshing sections
Skill Level Intermediate
Migrating from AutoCAD to Revitwith Paul F. Aubin2h 18m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Sprinkler
2. Setting Up the Sprinkler Piping
3. Setting Up the Fire Alarm
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.