Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Specifying pipe layout preferences, part of AutoCAD: Creating Sprinkler and Fire-Alarm Systems.
- Let sets some defaults.…AutoCAD allows us to set our pipe layout preferences,…such as slope.…What happens when there's an elevation change…and if we want AutoCAD to automatically label…our pipe as we add it.…It even goes so far as to allow us to specify…male and female connection assignments.…Let's go to our Manager tab.…This time I wanna go to the Preferences panel…and I wanna click on the Piping button.…So let's go through our Pipe Layout Preferences.…
I slope format; I wanna change it to Rise/Run…with Fractional Rise Constant Run.…Example, quarter inch equals a foot.…We can leave the rest as a default.…For default labels, let's make it automatically label it.…So for Label style, instead of none,…let's click the drop down.…Let's select Standard Pipe.…I just happen to know that our standard pipe label…is gonna put in the pipe size as we draw it.…We can go by quantity or by distance,…meaning if I draw a pipe that's 100 feet long,…it's only gonna put in one.…
If I go by distance, however; we can specify the spacing…
- Externally referencing architecture
- Setting up display configurations
- Adding room tags
- Setting up routing preferences and systems
- Adding piping and connectors
- Adding fire-alarm devices and control panels
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD 2015 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 35m Beginner
Migrating from AutoCAD to Revitwith Paul F. Aubin2h 18m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Sprinkler
2. Setting Up the Sprinkler Piping
3. Setting Up the Fire Alarm
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.