- [Instructor] AutoCAD has a ton of display options…that we can tweak to make our drawings look right.…Because we're using AutoCAD MEP,…the items we add to our drawing, such as pipe and equipment,…will already have a layer assigned to them.…In addition to that miracle, AutoCAD MEP knows…the pipe is a pipe, and the equipment is equipment.…This allows us to manage our display much more efficiently.…This video will have us looking at…the display configurations dialogue.…We'll drill into how the architectural items…are showing up, as well as what MEP objects…we wanna have visible in our drawing.…
So to get started, let's open up our sprinkler drawing.…I wanna navigate over to the manage tab.…We'll see Style and Display tab, and Display Manager.…But what I wanna do is I wanna come down here…and look at where it says MEP design.…If you click this dropdown, you'll see…we have a bunch of different items that we can select from.…Go ahead and select MEP presentation.…Notice that it completely changes…the configuration of how our drawing looks.…
- Externally referencing architecture
- Setting up display configurations
- Adding room tags
- Setting up routing preferences and systems
- Adding piping and connectors
- Adding fire-alarm devices and control panels
- Creating sections
- Merging and refreshing sections
Skill Level Intermediate
Migrating from AutoCAD to Revitwith Paul F. Aubin2h 18m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Sprinkler
2. Setting Up the Sprinkler Piping
3. Setting Up the Fire Alarm
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.