- [Instructor] Sometimes, just an awesome, dynamic section…through our model isn't gonna be enough.…We still need to add 2D line work from time to time.…This video will have us sketching some simple 2D line work.…Then we're gonna merge that line work into our section.…We'll then make it editable…then we'll add some more line work to the section.…So to get started, let's jump…into our MEP-Mechanical.dwg file.…I wanna zoom in on this section right here.…
I wanna draw a rectangular underneath their VAV.…Just to show that we wanna stay out of that area.…I'm gonna type R-E-C-T-A-N-G at the command prompt.…I'm gonna pick a box right about here.…Then I'm gonna draw some lines…from corner to corner like this.…I'm gonna turn my ortho off by hitting F8…and I'm gonna click here.…I'm gonna start my line command again.…I'm gonna go from here down to here.…
I'm gonna hit escape.…Now I'm gonna select my section,…and I'm gonna click on merge.…I'm gonna pick a window around this whole area.…I'm gonna hit enter.…For my line work component, it'll be defining lines…
- Externally referencing architecture
- Setting up display configurations
- Adding room tags
- Setting up routing preferences and systems
- Adding piping and connectors
- Adding fire-alarm devices and control panels
- Creating sections
- Merging and refreshing sections
Skill Level Intermediate
Migrating from AutoCAD to Revitwith Paul F. Aubin2h 18m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Sprinkler
2. Setting Up the Sprinkler Piping
3. Setting Up the Fire Alarm
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.