Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding wires to the fire-alarm setup, part of AutoCAD: Creating Sprinkler and Fire-Alarm Systems.
- Instead of drawing arcs,…inserting tick marks and changing the layer,…exploiting them and trimming them,…let's have AutoCAD do all that work for us,…shall we?…What I wanna do here is go back…to some of our devices.…Then we're gonna grab a wire type from our tool palette.…We'll then wire up the devices…and add a Home Run.…To get started, let's jump into AutoCAD MEP,…into our wires drawing.…I'm gonna come up to my two favorite offices.…Let's make sure that our workspace…is set for Electrical.…
Let's go to the Wire tab.…Again, we're dealing with Data.…Let's grab Wire by System, Data.…What I wanna do is,…I'm gonna specify a couple things over here.…Our segment, let's make sure it's an arc.…What's cool is, the display changes…each time you change what you wanna do.…Arc is the most popular.…What we're gonna do now is,…come over to your pull station.…Once you hover over it,…you see a little snap show up.…
Once you see that little snap show up,…that little green connector snap,…go ahead and pick it.…Now let's go to this one…
- Externally referencing architecture
- Setting up display configurations
- Adding room tags
- Setting up routing preferences and systems
- Adding piping and connectors
- Adding fire-alarm devices and control panels
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD 2015 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 35m Beginner
Migrating from AutoCAD to Revitwith Paul F. Aubin2h 18m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Sprinkler
2. Setting Up the Sprinkler Piping
3. Setting Up the Fire Alarm
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.