- [Instructor] It's time to add our sprinklers.…It's pretty easy, but like I always say, we're in 3D now.…So make sure you remember to set the height…of the sprinklers as you're adding them to the model.…In this video, we will be adding pendant sprinklers…and some horizontal sidewall sprinklers…throughout parts of our building.…Before we do that, though, we will need to figure out…how high these ceilings are.…We do that by going into the architectural model.…Let's get started by opening up our sprinkler drawing.…
I'm gonna select the architectural external reference.…I'm gonna right click on it, and I'm gonna open the Xref.…Now, we've got our Xref open.…I'm gonna zoom into this room here.…I can see the space, but I can't see the ceiling.…That's okay.…Let's go down to our display settings,…and let's just select Reflected.…There's our ceilings.…Go ahead and select one of your ceilings.…In the properties, let's scroll down to Elevation…and note that it's at nine feet.…
Let's hit Escape a couple times.…I'm just gonna select the office…
- Externally referencing architecture
- Setting up display configurations
- Adding room tags
- Setting up routing preferences and systems
- Adding piping and connectors
- Adding fire-alarm devices and control panels
- Creating sections
- Merging and refreshing sections
Skill Level Intermediate
Migrating from AutoCAD to Revitwith Paul F. Aubin2h 18m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Sprinkler
2. Setting Up the Sprinkler Piping
3. Setting Up the Fire Alarm
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.