Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding fire-alarm control panels, part of AutoCAD: Creating Sprinkler and Fire-Alarm Systems.
- Fire Alarm Systems don't work well…without Control panels.…What this video illustrates is where to find…Fire Alarm Control panels.…We're gonna add one to the wall and we're gonna…Tag it and we'll investigate the…Properties of the device.…To get started let's jump into AutoCAD MEP…in our Control drawing.…Let's switch our Display configuration…to our Fire Alarm configuration.…I'm gonna set it to turns on all of our ceilings…and looks a little different.…
What I wanna do is let's come into the…Electrical Room right here.…Lets go to the Equipment tab.…Let's click on Electrical Equipment.…Under Electrical let's come down to Control Panel…and drill into that.…Again, you can choose between a couple different ones.…I'm gonna grab the one with the Keypads Operator.…I'm gonna click into my drawing.…I'm gonna shift, right click.…I'm gonna snap it to Nearest.…
I'm gonna pick a point right here.…I'm gonna go at 90 degrees up the wall.…I'm gonna pick that point.…Now I'm gonna hit Escape a couple times.…The next thing I wanna do is set the Elevation.…
- Externally referencing architecture
- Setting up display configurations
- Adding room tags
- Setting up routing preferences and systems
- Adding piping and connectors
- Adding fire-alarm devices and control panels
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD 2015 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 35m Beginner
Migrating from AutoCAD to Revitwith Paul F. Aubin2h 18m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Sprinkler
2. Setting Up the Sprinkler Piping
3. Setting Up the Fire Alarm
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.