Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video What are layers?, part of Learning AutoCAD LT.
- Working with layers in AutoCAD LT is fundamental.…It's a bit like milk in your coffee,…if of course you have milk in your coffee.…It's very important that you utilize layers in AutoCAD…to distinguish one object from another.…So what I've got open for you here right now is a…blank drawing, created using that default template…that we created, way back when in some of the previous…sections in this particular course.…So, let's have a look at the layers…and how the layers work in a new drawing.…
And then what we'll do is we'll start working through…the layer tools and see how they assist you…and help you create AutoCAD LT drawings effectively.…So, let's have a look at the layers.…We go to the Home tab on the Ribbon here, like so.…And you've got your Layers panel.…Now there's a lot of commands here…and you've got a flyout, as usual.…So I'll pin that open, like that.…And you can see you've got things like…Locked Layer Fading and Save Layer States.…There's lots of tools here that…you can utilize with your layers.…So I'll just thump in the flyout menu…
- Opening DWG drawing files
- Starting a new drawing
- Saving drawings
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Working with the Snap and Grid features
- Editing objects
- Organizing drawings with layers
- Inserting blocks
- Creating layouts
- Adding text
- Adding and editing dimensions
- Printing your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD: Working with Dimensionswith Scott Onstott1h 4m Intermediate
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Trainingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with an AutoCAD Drawing
3. Precision Drawing Tools in AutoCAD
4. Making Changes in Your Drawing
5. Organizing Your Drawing with Layers
6. Object Properties
7. Using AutoCAD Blocks
8. Using Layouts
12. Printing Your Drawing
Next steps3m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.