Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video What are blocks?, part of Up and Running with AutoCAD LT.
- Actually further develop your AutoCAD LT drawings,…there is a need to consolidate information.…So instead of sort of just having lines,…arcs, circles, rectangles, and polygons,…you want to develop objects…that combine all of those elements…and make one object.…These are known as AutoCAD blocks…and you can give them any name…and any AutoCAD elements can form a block as well.…So we're in another floor plan's drawing…ready to be used for this particular exercise…and what I'd like you to do…is come over to the left hand plan…and zoom in on the toilet block here.…
So position your crosshair,…just roll up on the mouse,…and just pan a little bit so that you can see…the actual toilets there…but also just over here…there's a cooker and there's also a sink unit.…Now you'll notice when you hover over any of these objects,…you can see that they are a block reference.…So if you look at the layer there,…that's an architectural floor plan sink.…This one here is an architectural floor plan stove…and these are obviously WCs…and you've got your urinals there as well…
- Opening DWG drawing files
- Starting a new drawing
- Saving drawings
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Working with the Snap and Grid features
- Editing objects
- Organizing drawings with layers
- Inserting blocks
- Creating layouts
- Adding text
- Adding and editing dimensions
- Printing your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
Working with Dimensions in AutoCADwith Scott Onstott1h 4m Intermediate
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Trainingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD: Tips, Tricks, and Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
3D Architectural Modeling with AutoCADwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with an AutoCAD Drawing
3. Precision Drawing Tools in AutoCAD
4. Making Changes in Your Drawing
5. Organizing Your Drawing with Layers
6. Object Properties
7. Using AutoCAD Blocks
8. Using Layouts
12. Printing Your Drawing
Next steps3m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.