Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Using grips, part of Learning AutoCAD LT.
- When you select objects in AutoCAD,…you will notice these little blue squares that appear.…They're known as grips.…Now, normally those grips are set to show…when you select objects in your AutoCAD drawing.…If I right click and go to Options again…like we did in the previous video,…you'll notice in the Selection tab,…you've got all the Grip settings on the right-hand side…of the dialogue box.…Now, you'll notice that you've got the option…to show grips right there.…Now, if I switch that off,…and apply that and OK it,…what you'll find now is if I zoom in and select an object,…so if I go to the right-hand floor plan…in our 05_03_Floor Plans_COMPLETE drawing…and I select our photocopier that we worked with,…there's no grips,…there's no way of editing with the Grips tool.…
If I just hit esc there,…and I'll just zoom in a bit closer now,…and right click…and go to Options,…you'll notice if I switch on Show grips…and apply it and OK it,…when I select it now,…you've got all the grips on all the lines…that form the photocopier.…
- Opening DWG drawing files
- Starting a new drawing
- Saving drawings
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Working with the Snap and Grid features
- Editing objects
- Organizing drawings with layers
- Inserting blocks
- Creating layouts
- Adding text
- Adding and editing dimensions
- Printing your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD: Working with Dimensionswith Scott Onstott1h 4m Intermediate
AutoCAD Architecture 2015 Essential Trainingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with an AutoCAD Drawing
3. Precision Drawing Tools in AutoCAD
4. Making Changes in Your Drawing
5. Organizing Your Drawing with Layers
6. Object Properties
7. Using AutoCAD Blocks
8. Using Layouts
12. Printing Your Drawing
Next steps3m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.