Join Scott Onstott for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Designing Dynamic Blocks in AutoCAD.
- If you are a premium member of the Lynda.com library, you have access to the Exercise Files used throughout this course. These files can be found on the Exercise Files tab on the main course page. Let's take a look at how the Exercise Files are laid out. They're organized into two folders. My Files is the place where you'll be saving your own work. I've provided the first file in each chapter here. As you work through the videos, you'll be saving sequentially numbered files, like Dynamic2, Dynamic3, and so on.
Completed Files has every file from every stage of the course, and you can jump into the relevant file within this folder. Just be careful that you don't overwrite any of the files here. Save your work in the My Files folder. If you don't have access to the Exercise Files, you can follow along from scratch, or with your own assets. Let's get started.
- Defining and nesting blocks
- Inserting and redefining blocks
- Creating and applying constraints
- Designing dynamic blocks
- Sharing blocks on a local area network