Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding full AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT, part of Learning AutoCAD LT 2016.
- So what happens when you first start up AutoCAD LT?…Well, what we've got here is a standard drawing,…blank drawing, all set up using one…of the blank AutoCAD LT templates.…And if you look at the top of the screen there,…you can see 2_1_01_Drawing.dwg.…Now this is a totally blank drawing…that I've saved for you in your working files,…and you can obviously add to this, if you wish.…What I want to talk you through, though,…is the difference between full AutoCAD…and AutoCAD LT.…
So what is the difference?…The difference is that basically…full AutoCAD allows you to utilize 3D tools,…constraints, and rendering.…You can't do any of that in AutoCAD LT.…AutoCAD LT is the light version of AutoCAD…and it's the premiere 2D graphics tool…out there for design at the moment.…Now when you first start up AutoCAD LT…you'll see some things on the screen,…they may confuse you,…they may not if you've used AutoCAD before.…
Now one of the new tools…in both full AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT…is this palette over here, Design Feed.…Now I'm actually going to switch this off…
- Opening DWG drawing files
- Starting a new drawing
- Saving drawings
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Working with the Snap and Grid features
- Editing objects
- Organizing drawings with layers
- Inserting blocks
- Creating layouts
- Adding text
- Adding and editing dimensions
- Printing your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD: Working with Dimensionswith Scott Onstott1h 4m Intermediate
AutoCAD Architecture 2015 Essential Trainingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modeling (2014)with Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with an AutoCAD Drawing
3. Precision Drawing Tools in AutoCAD
4. Making Changes in Your Drawing
5. Organizing Your Drawing with Layers
6. Object Properties
7. Using AutoCAD Blocks
8. Using Layouts
12. Printing Your Drawing
Next steps3m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.