Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding Dynamic Blocks, part of Learning AutoCAD LT 2016.
- When you use Dynamic Blocks in AutoCAD LT,…you're going to use a block…that not only has its components and elements…stored for design reuse,…like we did in the stove in the worktop…in the previous exercise.…But it also has parameters and actions applied…to that particular block.…For example, you might apply a Flip Parameter…to allow you to flip something like a door…so that you can flip the door swing…so that it can either go into the room or out of the room.…
That's what we're going to do now,…we're going to look at a Dynamic Block of a door.…It's already inserted into…your AutoCAD Floor Plans drawing.…Now, the door itself has been inserted…in the left-hand floor plan,…in this area here.…If you zoom in,…just hover there and zoom in,…and there's the door there.…It's on the appropriate layer,…Architectural_Floor_Plan_Door.…You can see we've got a nice gap in the wall,…ready to place the door itself.…Zoom in so that you can see the gap…and the door nice and cleanly.…
Now, when you click on the door itself,…you will see lots of different parameters.…
- Opening DWG drawing files
- Starting a new drawing
- Saving drawings
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Working with the Snap and Grid features
- Editing objects
- Organizing drawings with layers
- Inserting blocks
- Creating layouts
- Adding text
- Adding and editing dimensions
- Printing your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD: Working with Dimensionswith Scott Onstott1h 4m Intermediate
AutoCAD Architecture 2015 Essential Trainingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modeling (2014)with Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with an AutoCAD Drawing
3. Precision Drawing Tools in AutoCAD
4. Making Changes in Your Drawing
5. Organizing Your Drawing with Layers
6. Object Properties
7. Using AutoCAD Blocks
8. Using Layouts
12. Printing Your Drawing
Next steps3m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.