Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Text styles, part of Learning AutoCAD LT.
- We now need to start thinking about…annotating our AutoCAD LT drawings.…It's all well and good designing things,…and creating blocks and drawing lines, arcs and circles,…but in order to communicate your design intent…you obviously need to have annotation…by way of text and also dimensions, as well.…What we're going to look at in this particular chapter…is text, and how we utilize it in our AutoCAD LT drawings.…Now, the first thing you need to set up…in AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT is your Text Styles.…
In order to do that, we need to go…to the Annotate tab on the ribbon, first of all,…and you can see the Text panel here,…the quickest way to get into Text Styles is…this little arrow here, just on the title bar on the panel,…and if you click there that will open up…the Text Style dialogue box,…and you can see the text styles there,…in that pane on the left hand side,…those are the styles that are currently…within this particular drawing.…Now, I'm just going to cancel that for a moment,…because what I want to do is zoom in on some text,…
- Opening DWG drawing files
- Starting a new drawing
- Saving drawings
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Working with the Snap and Grid features
- Editing objects
- Organizing drawings with layers
- Inserting blocks
- Creating layouts
- Adding text
- Adding and editing dimensions
- Printing your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD: Working with Dimensionswith Scott Onstott1h 4m Intermediate
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Training (2014)with Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with an AutoCAD Drawing
3. Precision Drawing Tools in AutoCAD
4. Making Changes in Your Drawing
5. Organizing Your Drawing with Layers
6. Object Properties
7. Using AutoCAD Blocks
8. Using Layouts
12. Printing Your Drawing
Next steps3m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.