Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Spell checking, part of Learning AutoCAD LT 2016.
- One of the really nice features that you have…in AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT is…the ability to spell check all of your drawings.…So there's not excuse for bad spelling…on any of your drawings whatsoever.…As a CAD manager in a previous life,…there's nothing worse than…finding drawings with bad spelling.…It reflects on you, it reflects on the organization,…and it makes drawings, in essence,…totally unprofessional if there's bad spelling on them…when they go out of the door.…So use your spell check.…
Use it, abuse it, and check all of your text…before your drawings go anywhere.…Even internally within your organization.…Now the way to find your spell check…is very quick and easy.…We go to the Annotate tab on the ribbon…and in the Text panel here,…you'll see a little ABC with a green tick.…Click on it and that brings up your…Check Spelling dialog box.…Now you've got some options at the top…of the dialog box there as to where to check.…So if I click on the down arrow there,…you'll notice I can check the Entire drawing,…the Current space or layout, or Selected objects.…
- Opening DWG drawing files
- Starting a new drawing
- Saving drawings
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Working with the Snap and Grid features
- Editing objects
- Organizing drawings with layers
- Inserting blocks
- Creating layouts
- Adding text
- Adding and editing dimensions
- Printing your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD: Working with Dimensionswith Scott Onstott1h 4m Intermediate
AutoCAD Architecture 2015 Essential Trainingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with an AutoCAD Drawing
3. Precision Drawing Tools in AutoCAD
4. Making Changes in Your Drawing
5. Organizing Your Drawing with Layers
6. Object Properties
7. Using AutoCAD Blocks
8. Using Layouts
12. Printing Your Drawing
Next steps3m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.