Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Specifying length and angles, part of Learning AutoCAD LT.
- So let's look now at actually starting to create…in AutoCAD LT.…We're going to look at some lines…and specifying distances, and angles,…in AutoCAD LT.…What I've done is I've created an 03_02_Drawing.dwg file,…you can see the name in the title bar…at the top of the screen.…Now what I'd like you to do…before you start doing any work at all,…is get into a good habit when you're using these courses.…And also the chapters and the exercises and so on.…
Do a Save As now.…You've opened up the working file,…so do a Save As,…and what you want to do is save it as…03_02_Drawing_COMPLETE.…And then you know that this is the…work in progress,…the one that you've worked on…that has come from that blank working file…that you've downloaded for this particular exercise.…So if I click on Save now,…and you get that great big long file path,…so click on the Save icon so that…you've just got the file name…at the top of the screen.…So we're now using 03_02_Drawing_COMPLETE.…
So what that's done is it's allowed me…to preserve the original working file.…
- Opening DWG drawing files
- Starting a new drawing
- Saving drawings
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Working with the Snap and Grid features
- Editing objects
- Organizing drawings with layers
- Inserting blocks
- Creating layouts
- Adding text
- Adding and editing dimensions
- Printing your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD: Working with Dimensionswith Scott Onstott1h 4m Intermediate
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Training (2014)with Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with an AutoCAD Drawing
3. Precision Drawing Tools in AutoCAD
4. Making Changes in Your Drawing
5. Organizing Your Drawing with Layers
6. Object Properties
7. Using AutoCAD Blocks
8. Using Layouts
12. Printing Your Drawing
Next steps3m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.