Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up and choosing the appropriate AutoCAD template file, part of Learning AutoCAD LT 2016.
- So we have a nice pretty drawing open now,…and you can see the name of the drawing…at the top of the screen there.…It's 02_05_Template.…Now what we're going to look at is…setting up an appropriate template…and then selecting that template…to use when working with AutoCAD LT.…Now the thing that you have with templates…is you can preset all of the settings…and then save that file out as a DWT file not a DWG file.…
So right now, we have the 02_05_Template.dwg file…which means it's a drawing file.…So what we need to do is we need to do…a Save As and save it as a DWT first.…Now this is very quick and easy.…We go up to the application menu here, like so,…and I can hover and I can Save As,…and it'll tell me the file types that I can save out as.…So I can save out as a drawing.…I can save out a drawing to the cloud.…I can save out as a drawing template, DWT, like that.…
Now as soon as I click there,…it prompts me to save that into…the default template folder…which is that big, long path there you can see.…So I'll save it with all of the templates…
- Opening DWG drawing files
- Starting a new drawing
- Saving drawings
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Working with the Snap and Grid features
- Editing objects
- Organizing drawings with layers
- Inserting blocks
- Creating layouts
- Adding text
- Adding and editing dimensions
- Printing your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD: Working with Dimensionswith Scott Onstott1h 4m Intermediate
AutoCAD Architecture 2015 Essential Trainingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modeling (2014)with Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with an AutoCAD Drawing
3. Precision Drawing Tools in AutoCAD
4. Making Changes in Your Drawing
5. Organizing Your Drawing with Layers
6. Object Properties
7. Using AutoCAD Blocks
8. Using Layouts
12. Printing Your Drawing
Next steps3m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.