Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting the current layer, part of Learning AutoCAD LT.
- When you're creating your elements…and your objects in your AutoCAD LT drawings…you need to be aware of the current drafting layer,…or current drawing layer in AutoCAD LT.…So how do we look at that…and how to we set the current drawing layer?…Well at the moment we've got the objects…that we created in the previous exercises…sitting there on the left…and what we're looking at now…is how to set that layer to draw the next object.…So we'll utilize the Home tab up here on the ribbon,…and we're gonna be utilizing…the Layers panel here primarily.…
Now if we look at our layers at the moment,…can you see up here that layer zero…is the current drafting layer?…So if I went and drew a rectangle, let's say,…so I come over here, click on the Rectangle command…and I'll utilize the snap in the grid,…and I'll click and I'll drag like so.…So there's the two clicks,…I've clicked there, I've clicked there,…using the snap in the grid,…like we've done in previous exercises.…So I've now drawn that rectangle on layer zero.…So if I hover over that you can see it's on Layer 0.…
- Opening DWG drawing files
- Starting a new drawing
- Saving drawings
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Working with the Snap and Grid features
- Editing objects
- Organizing drawings with layers
- Inserting blocks
- Creating layouts
- Adding text
- Adding and editing dimensions
- Printing your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD: Working with Dimensionswith Scott Onstott1h 4m Intermediate
AutoCAD Architecture 2015 Essential Trainingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with an AutoCAD Drawing
3. Precision Drawing Tools in AutoCAD
4. Making Changes in Your Drawing
5. Organizing Your Drawing with Layers
6. Object Properties
7. Using AutoCAD Blocks
8. Using Layouts
12. Printing Your Drawing
Next steps3m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.