Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Selecting objects, part of Learning AutoCAD LT 2016.
- So, we're staying in our Floor_Plans drawing.…Now, in the previous video we moved the PHOTO COPIER…into the larger room and we created the STORAGE AREA.…Now, what I want to do is I want to show you some…selection tools that are available to you in AutoCAD LT.…Now, before I do that I want to right click…anywhere in the drawing and go to…Options on the shortcut menu.…And what I want you to do is go to…the Selection tab on the ribbon.…Now, there's a very important setting in the Selection tab…on the ribbon itself here and it's Noun/verb selection.…
So, we're using this ribbon of tabs here, by the way,…not the ribbon in the AutoCAD itself.…Noun/verb selection is very important.…Now, a noun is an object and as my son says,…a verb is a doing word.…So, what you're doing is you're selecting the object first…before the action that is related to that object.…With that ticked it allows you to select…the object in the drawing first then select the command.…Always have it switched on.…It is normally on by default.…But it's useful 'cause that's the way that your brain works.…
- Opening DWG drawing files
- Starting a new drawing
- Saving drawings
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Working with the Snap and Grid features
- Editing objects
- Organizing drawings with layers
- Inserting blocks
- Creating layouts
- Adding text
- Adding and editing dimensions
- Printing your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD: Working with Dimensionswith Scott Onstott1h 4m Intermediate
AutoCAD Architecture 2015 Essential Trainingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with an AutoCAD Drawing
3. Precision Drawing Tools in AutoCAD
4. Making Changes in Your Drawing
5. Organizing Your Drawing with Layers
6. Object Properties
7. Using AutoCAD Blocks
8. Using Layouts
12. Printing Your Drawing
Next steps3m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.