Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Saving drawings in various file formats, part of Learning AutoCAD LT 2016.
- In the previous video, we looked at creating a template…and using that effective template to create new drawings.…Now what I've done, I've retained the original drawing…of the rectangle, and the circle, and the polygon…on their respective layers like so.…Now, what we're going to do is we're going to look at…file types.…Now in the previous video we saved out to an AutoCad LT…DWT file, a template file.…So we know all about the DWT files and the template files.…
But one of the major benefits of AutoCad and AutoCad LT…is the ability to save back to previous versions.…Now what will happen is with AutoCad LT,…whenever you save a file, what happens is that file is saved…to the most recent DWG file format.…Now how do check that?…How do you check that I'm saving back to an AutoCad LT…2016 file format?…Well what you need to do is go and check your AutoCad…options.…
So using the cross hair, I can right+click and I can go to…Options there on the shortcut menu…or I can go to the Application menu…and you'll notice there's an Options option,…
- Opening DWG drawing files
- Starting a new drawing
- Saving drawings
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Working with the Snap and Grid features
- Editing objects
- Organizing drawings with layers
- Inserting blocks
- Creating layouts
- Adding text
- Adding and editing dimensions
- Printing your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD: Working with Dimensionswith Scott Onstott1h 4m Intermediate
AutoCAD Architecture 2015 Essential Trainingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modeling (2014)with Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with an AutoCAD Drawing
3. Precision Drawing Tools in AutoCAD
4. Making Changes in Your Drawing
5. Organizing Your Drawing with Layers
6. Object Properties
7. Using AutoCAD Blocks
8. Using Layouts
12. Printing Your Drawing
Next steps3m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.