Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Quick properties, part of Learning AutoCAD LT.
- So let's look now at the properties of your…elements and objects in your AutoCAD LT drawings.…Now what we're going to look at…is the ability to select properties,…manipulate the properties and also match properties…between objects in our AutoCAD LT drawings.…Now if you select any object in any drawing,…I can select a dimension…and you'll see up here in the…Properties palette on the Home tab,…that the properties change.…Now the Object Color, the Lineweight and the Linetype…are controlled by the layer in this case.…
And there's the layer there on the object selected.…So you can use the Layer tools…to obviously change the properties of the dimensions.…So I could go into the Layer Properties manager, here,…change the color.…One of the quicker ways of changing the color though,…is to do this, click on the flyout like that…and there's our layer there highlighted.…It's the plan dimensions there.…So I can click on that little box there.…If I change them all to red, like that, click on OK.…You'll see that they all update to red,…
- Opening DWG drawing files
- Starting a new drawing
- Saving drawings
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Working with the Snap and Grid features
- Editing objects
- Organizing drawings with layers
- Inserting blocks
- Creating layouts
- Adding text
- Adding and editing dimensions
- Printing your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD: Working with Dimensionswith Scott Onstott1h 4m Intermediate
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Training (2014)with Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with an AutoCAD Drawing
3. Precision Drawing Tools in AutoCAD
4. Making Changes in Your Drawing
5. Organizing Your Drawing with Layers
6. Object Properties
7. Using AutoCAD Blocks
8. Using Layouts
12. Printing Your Drawing
Next steps3m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.