Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Quick Select, part of Learning AutoCAD LT.
- Quick Select is a very underrated and underused…object property selection tool in both…AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT.…What it allows you to do…is put in a group of selection criteria…and globally select a group of objects all in the one go.…So for example,…we're in our floor plan drawings at the moment,…and you can see the dimensions on these drawings.…Now it may be that all you want to do is perhaps…select the dimensions and change the layer…or the layer color.…
But instead of going around and selecting all of them,…you know, piece by piece or with selection windows…and so on and so forth, what you want to do…is actually utilize that Quick Select command.…Now what you might want to do…is make sure that you've got your Properties Palette…open as well.…So what we'll do is we'll just shoot over to the View tab,…right here, and open up the Properties Palette…in the palettes panel there.…So there's our Properties Palette.…Now I'm not going to dock it,…I'm just going to sit it nicely over there on the left…and I'll just pan our floor plans over a little bit…
- Opening DWG drawing files
- Starting a new drawing
- Saving drawings
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Working with the Snap and Grid features
- Editing objects
- Organizing drawings with layers
- Inserting blocks
- Creating layouts
- Adding text
- Adding and editing dimensions
- Printing your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD: Working with Dimensionswith Scott Onstott1h 4m Intermediate
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Training (2014)with Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with an AutoCAD Drawing
3. Precision Drawing Tools in AutoCAD
4. Making Changes in Your Drawing
5. Organizing Your Drawing with Layers
6. Object Properties
7. Using AutoCAD Blocks
8. Using Layouts
12. Printing Your Drawing
Next steps3m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.