Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Properties palette, part of Learning AutoCAD LT.
- In the previous exercise we looked at the…Quick Properties Palette and how to switch it on…and switch it off down on the status bar,…and actually utilize it to check properties…of known objects on our AutoCAD LT drawings.…Now there is another properties palette…which is a much more detailed palette,…and this one isn't on the status bar.…You use your right hand mouse click…or you can actually use the "view" tab…up here on the ribbon.…So you'll notice "properties" is there.…So if I click on "properties" there that will…bring the Properties Palette up on the screen…and I'll just drag it over here a little bit…so that we can see it.…
Now the Properties Palette as you can see…if I go there like that is dockable,…and you can dock it and have it as part…of your user interface.…Now it depends on what you want to do with it.…Basically as you can see there it kind of locks in…and you can see there that I can also Auto Hide it,…so when I hover over the bar like that…it brings it up like so.…If I go and click there and switch off the Auto Hide…
- Opening DWG drawing files
- Starting a new drawing
- Saving drawings
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Working with the Snap and Grid features
- Editing objects
- Organizing drawings with layers
- Inserting blocks
- Creating layouts
- Adding text
- Adding and editing dimensions
- Printing your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD: Working with Dimensionswith Scott Onstott1h 4m Intermediate
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Trainingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with an AutoCAD Drawing
3. Precision Drawing Tools in AutoCAD
4. Making Changes in Your Drawing
5. Organizing Your Drawing with Layers
6. Object Properties
7. Using AutoCAD Blocks
8. Using Layouts
12. Printing Your Drawing
Next steps3m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.