Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Printing concepts, part of Learning AutoCAD LT 2016.
- As we create our designs in AutoCAD LT…what you'll find is when you're working down here…in the Model tab you're developing everything full-size,…as if it was real.…So for example, all of these dimensions…that you look at on these particular floorplans…are actually real dimensions.…So if I zoom in on a dimension,…let's go to the right hand floorplan…and we'll look at this dimension here,…which is 4 feet, 8 inches…from the corner of the wall…to the opening for the window there.…
Now I can go and measure that,…if I go to the Home tab, go to the Utilities panel,…click on the flyout here, and I want to measure a Distance.…So if I snap to that point there…and then to that point there…can you see it's 4 feet, 8 inches?…So everything is real size.…I'll just exit that measure command there.…I'll double-click on the wheel now to zoom extents again.…So how do we get our drawing, our design…from the Model tab onto a sheet of paper?…For example, how do we plot it,…how do we print our design intent…so it can be given either by way of electronic or hard copy…
- Opening DWG drawing files
- Starting a new drawing
- Saving drawings
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Working with the Snap and Grid features
- Editing objects
- Organizing drawings with layers
- Inserting blocks
- Creating layouts
- Adding text
- Adding and editing dimensions
- Printing your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD: Working with Dimensionswith Scott Onstott1h 4m Intermediate
AutoCAD Architecture 2015 Essential Trainingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with an AutoCAD Drawing
3. Precision Drawing Tools in AutoCAD
4. Making Changes in Your Drawing
5. Organizing Your Drawing with Layers
6. Object Properties
7. Using AutoCAD Blocks
8. Using Layouts
12. Printing Your Drawing
Next steps3m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.