Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Opening up an AutoCAD drawing DWG file, part of Learning AutoCAD LT.
- Opening drawings in AutoCAD LT is very, very easy to do,…and there's lots of different ways of doing it as well.…You'll find when you work with AutoCAD…that there's normally two or three different ways…of doing the same thing.…As they say, there's many ways to skin a cat,…to use a phrase.…Now let's have a look at how we do that…and how we open up files in AutoCAD LT.…Now, a lot of you may just go to the folder…where your drawings are stored…and go and double-click on that particular drawing file…and open it up.…
So let's do that route first.…So you can see I've got a little folder down here,…so I click there,…and you can see I've got various files in here.…You can see I've got some video clip files…where I'm creating the videos as we go along,…but I've also got some drawings here as well.…Now, you'll notice that there is a BAK file.…Now, that's a backup file that AutoCAD creates by default.…So you'll notice I've saved 2_1_01_Drawing,…and I've got a backup file as well.…So this is the native DWG file, and if I hover over it,…
- Opening DWG drawing files
- Starting a new drawing
- Saving drawings
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Working with the Snap and Grid features
- Editing objects
- Organizing drawings with layers
- Inserting blocks
- Creating layouts
- Adding text
- Adding and editing dimensions
- Printing your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD: Working with Dimensionswith Scott Onstott1h 4m Intermediate
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Training (2014)with Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with an AutoCAD Drawing
3. Precision Drawing Tools in AutoCAD
4. Making Changes in Your Drawing
5. Organizing Your Drawing with Layers
6. Object Properties
7. Using AutoCAD Blocks
8. Using Layouts
12. Printing Your Drawing
Next steps3m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.