Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Object-snap setting and overrides, part of Learning AutoCAD LT 2016.
- Again in previous videos I've touched…on this subject already which is object snaps…but more importantly your object snap overrides as well…which are very, very, useful.…Now, what we've got is some polygons.…Just drawn me some lines as you can see there.…If I hover they're just made up from lines…and those lines can be utilized for our object snaps.…Now, I'm staying on the layer POLYGON here.…So, in the layer pull-down make sure you select POLYGON…like so so that we draw everything on the same layer.…So, let's have a look at these…object snaps and how they work.…
I've deliberately zoomed out slighlty.…Maybe a little bit too much so let's…zoom in a little bit more.…And ideally I want to be able to see these lines…because I want to be able to snap to different…object snaps on those lines and draw some objects.…Now, the first object snap that is very commonly used…is the endpoint object snap.…Now, I'm deliberately going to draw a circle…and use the endpoint of two lines to draw that circle.…So, I go up to the Home tab on the ribbon…
- Opening DWG drawing files
- Starting a new drawing
- Saving drawings
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Working with the Snap and Grid features
- Editing objects
- Organizing drawings with layers
- Inserting blocks
- Creating layouts
- Adding text
- Adding and editing dimensions
- Printing your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD: Working with Dimensionswith Scott Onstott1h 4m Intermediate
AutoCAD Architecture 2015 Essential Trainingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with an AutoCAD Drawing
3. Precision Drawing Tools in AutoCAD
4. Making Changes in Your Drawing
5. Organizing Your Drawing with Layers
6. Object Properties
7. Using AutoCAD Blocks
8. Using Layouts
12. Printing Your Drawing
Next steps3m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.