Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Multiline text, part of Learning AutoCAD LT 2016.
- The other type of text available to you…in AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT…is multiline text, sometimes also known as or M text.…Now we're going to work on the same left hand…floor plan in the Model tab.…We're going to zoom into the same Meeting room down here.…So this is Meeting room 111, and you can see…the magenta box that I've placed.…Now what we're going to do this time…is we're going to go to the Annotate tab.…We're going to use our Training text style…that we created previously.…
And I'm going to leave the text height there…at six inches.…Now we're going to use multiline text.…So it's a good idea now…to come down here to the status bar…and switch off Object Snap Tracking…and also Object Snaps.…You don't want the text to snatch…to the corner of the box.…Otherwise all the text starts touching the edges…and it just gets a little bit messy.…It's just a little tip when you're placing multiline text.…In the Annotate tab on the ribbon…we go into the Text panel…and we click on the little fly out here…where we found Single Line Text…
- Opening DWG drawing files
- Starting a new drawing
- Saving drawings
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Working with the Snap and Grid features
- Editing objects
- Organizing drawings with layers
- Inserting blocks
- Creating layouts
- Adding text
- Adding and editing dimensions
- Printing your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD: Working with Dimensionswith Scott Onstott1h 4m Intermediate
AutoCAD Architecture 2015 Essential Trainingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with an AutoCAD Drawing
3. Precision Drawing Tools in AutoCAD
4. Making Changes in Your Drawing
5. Organizing Your Drawing with Layers
6. Object Properties
7. Using AutoCAD Blocks
8. Using Layouts
12. Printing Your Drawing
Next steps3m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.