Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Layers in new drawings, part of Learning AutoCAD LT.
- So let's have a look now at how we add new layers…to a new AutoCAD LT drawing.…Now I've got a drawing here that does…already have some objects on it,…but they're there to clarify what I'm trying to get across…in this particular exercise.…So let's have a look at adding new layers…to our AutoCAD LT drawing.…Now what I've deliberately done here…is created three objects that relate…to the existing layers…that have come into this drawing…from the default template…that we created previously.…
So if I go to the Home tab on the ribbon now,…go to the Layers panel…and click on Layer Properties,…there's the Layer Properties Manager…and you can see that we've got the layers…Circle, Polygon, Rectangle.…So if I close the Layer Properties Manager now…and just hover over this one,…that's on the layer Polygon,…hover over this one,…that's on the layer Circle,…hover over this one,…that's on the layer Rectangle.…Now the reason that they're on their seperate layers…is so that you can distinguish one object from the other.…So we've got a polygon here,…
- Opening DWG drawing files
- Starting a new drawing
- Saving drawings
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Working with the Snap and Grid features
- Editing objects
- Organizing drawings with layers
- Inserting blocks
- Creating layouts
- Adding text
- Adding and editing dimensions
- Printing your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD: Working with Dimensionswith Scott Onstott1h 4m Intermediate
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Trainingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with an AutoCAD Drawing
3. Precision Drawing Tools in AutoCAD
4. Making Changes in Your Drawing
5. Organizing Your Drawing with Layers
6. Object Properties
7. Using AutoCAD Blocks
8. Using Layouts
12. Printing Your Drawing
Next steps3m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.