Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Layer tools, part of Learning AutoCAD LT.
- Let's have a look now at some of the layer tools…available to you in AutoCAD LT.…These layer tools allow you to basically edit,…change, and modify the layers and the appearance…of the layers in your AutoCAD LT drawings.…So, let's have a look now at these layer tools.…We've got the objects we created…in the previous exercises on their respective layers.…So, if I go on again and hover over this polygon here…you can see it's on the POLYGON layer.…
This circle here is on the CIRCLE layer and so on.…Now, what I am going to do is go up…to the Home tab on the ribbon…and go into the Layers panel here.…I'm gonna click on this little fly-out…and I'm going to pin open the flyout menu.…Now, the reason I want to do that…is there's various tools available to you…and I just want to cover them on a basic level…so that you are aware that they're there…because some of these tools are fantastically productive…when you're working with layers…on much larger, more complicated AutoCAD LT drawings.…
So, let's move up to the top area first here.…
- Opening DWG drawing files
- Starting a new drawing
- Saving drawings
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Working with the Snap and Grid features
- Editing objects
- Organizing drawings with layers
- Inserting blocks
- Creating layouts
- Adding text
- Adding and editing dimensions
- Printing your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD: Working with Dimensionswith Scott Onstott1h 4m Intermediate
AutoCAD Architecture 2015 Essential Trainingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with an AutoCAD Drawing
3. Precision Drawing Tools in AutoCAD
4. Making Changes in Your Drawing
5. Organizing Your Drawing with Layers
6. Object Properties
7. Using AutoCAD Blocks
8. Using Layouts
12. Printing Your Drawing
Next steps3m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.